Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Like Living in a Fish Bowl Yet Not A

a soul to be seen outside, except for one resident walking her dog.


How about day tripping with me?

Edging along Highway 8 (US 8) enroute to Franconia Art Sculpture Park moving closer by the mile noticing anything that intrigued me I'd pull over for a look-see. That's where I stumbled upon Center City a historic town most Minnesotans no nothing about. Unless of course you live within the Chisago Lakes towns area. From Chisago Lake Lutheran Church built 1889 (the original built in 1854) you can stroll along the Summit Avenue National Historic District and 2 blocks of distinctive late 19th- and early 20th century homes overlooking North Center Lake. 

Note this Summit Avenue not to be confused with the Summit Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota.


Is life really like living in a fishbowl?

Here's a thought.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, 
weak minds discuss people."
Socrates

I add
Hungry minds seize whatever they can.



Another day in isolation 
has come and not gone away,
while children enjoy guitar lessons on Zoom.
It's all about the Apps you know.






It doesn't just take a village, 
"As people think and work and together,
a fabric of shared meaning 
comes into being." 
Harrison Owen





We may be surrounded by empty streets
a million people inside
yet I see greenery fighting for life
and blue waters inviting us in.





I see faces of friends 
in fading rainbows
above my neighborhood.
Once this quarantine ends
 laughter will fill the streets with friends
and strangers making new friends.




I can smell the coffee brewing now. Coming together is what we do.
Nothing can stop us now.




Over night bags will be taken out again!



We'll see more than houses.
People will rally together.




"What a large volume of adventures may be grasped
within the span of his little life 
by him who interests his heart in everything."
Laurence Sterne

Everything matters.



Soon this swing will move with joy.


You must put all your heart into everything you do.
Lailah Gifty Akita




I wonder how many birdhouses and Gnome houses
 have been built in the last two months?


Let life happen to you. 
Believe me: Life is in the right, always.
Rainer Maria Rilke



Welcome!







Rainer Maria Rilke wrote this quote that rings deeply with me, but this shutdown has changed it a bit for me.


"I love the dark (quiet) hours of my being.
My mind deepens into them. (it)
There I can find, as in old letters
the days of my life, already lived
and held like a legend,
and understood."
RMR and me




















Of course there are shops and buildings as such.


I believe this is a private residence now.



I am thankful to all the souls I meet in the journey of life.
LGA

Thanks for stopping by
Take good care of you.


9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for taking us wandering with you - through the streets AND through your musing.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a glorious walking tour. Beautiful, historic homes, buildings!! And such a gorgeous day to go with you.

RedPat said...

Wonderful words and views, Karen! Thanks.

sage said...

lovely old homes and buildings! Stay safe.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,

Lovely tour of the historic homes!I always enjoy your inspiring words and post. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Lovely walk among these gorgeous homes Karen. I hope everyone will appreciate what and who they have in their lives so much more after this. I know I will, I can't wait to have my family around for a barbeque 😊

Debbie said...

i think i will be humming that song all day long! beautiful homes, what a great area to walk!!

i like your thought, i have read that before!!!

jhon martu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alexia said...

I love these photos of the houses you saw on your wanderings, Karen. The 'private residence' looks very austere, though - a good setting for a creepy story, maybe?

It looks like a lovely late winter day there.
Take care, keep well.