Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Alabama Moments


 Here are a few memorable moments from my recent trip to Alabama. 

It's never too late to have a happy childhood. - Tom Robbins





Don't you find it odd, 

how some children pretend to be all grown up

while enthusiastic adults are full of quirks and secrets

living a life as complicated creatures instead of being

all grown up?




"Art is the magical act of one bleeding heart healing another."

A. Mandal





Your intuition knows what to do. The trick is getting
 your head to shut up so you can hear.
Louise Smith





You can't reach for anything new
 if your hands are still full of yesterday's junk.
Louise Smith





Why would anyone want perfection when growth comes from flaws.
Shannon L. Alder




One of the most important things you can do on this earth 
is to let people know they are not alone.
Shannon L. Alder



My grand-daughter, Lyra Phoenix
 
"I remember making that vow, the one not to forget,
 not to remember what happened,
but to remember who I was and how I felt."
Especially more so with my grandchildren.




"The great lesson is that the sacred is in the ordinary,
that it is to be found in one's daily life, in one's neighbors,
 friends, family, in one's backyard.
Abraham Maslow



My little girl, Cierra.



Tate Farms one of my favorite Alabama autumn places.
Me.





In any given moment we have two options
to step forward into growth
or to step back into safety.
Abraham Maslow




What is necessary to change a person is
to change his awareness of himself.
Abraham Maslow



The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.
Abraham Maslow


Thanks for your visit and take good care of you!



Meet Artemis my daughter's new pup! Finally got to meet her (now that she's a year old) as my March visit was delayed due to COVID-19 and the risk of flying back then.


















7 comments:

Debbie said...

how fun to see a recent picture of you, you look great. i always enjoy all of the quotes you share, there are some that i really relate to!!

the scarecrows?? are bright and colorful, the last one is very cool!!

Elephant's Child said...

Loving the quirky fun and the wisdom you share.
However, given my recent post, Artemis is my favourite picture today. She is a beauty.
I loved the smiling photo of your quirk loving self too.

RedPat said...

It is so nice to see you in this post, Karen. Love the quotes - they really spoke to me today! Stay safe.

The Liberty Belle said...

Good photos and wonderful quotes. Thanks for sharing it all.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,

I am glad you were able to visit with your daughter and her family. Looks like you had a fun time, I love the art, sculptures and the pumpkins. Your grand-daughter Lyra is cute and Artemis the grand-pup is adorable. Take care and stay safe! Have a great day and week ahead. BTW< you can keep that snow there, I do not want any.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How wonderful that you got to make that trip Karen, a celebration 🎉 So much fabulous art for us to enjoy here, the world would be a much duller place without the imagination and creativity of the artistic mind! You look so happy in these shots Karen 💜

Klaudia Zuberska said...

Hello! :)
very interesting post. I read it with pleasure. you write very interestingly and your posts are very inspiring :) if you want, we can visit each other or observe our blogs :)
Greetings from Poland!