Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Back From Yogi and Critters

Hello everyone, it's good to be back from vacation, and yet my mind has kept trailing back to so many moments shared since we've returned. Vacations whirl by too quickly, don't they? Then it's back to work this last Wednesday and what a whirlwind it was, but everything is manageable right? With the right mindset/attitude! So, welcome to

SATURDAY'S CRITTERS


and I'm also posting to City Daily Photo.




Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin. Not where we vacationed but maybe a stayover here someday? 


Onward to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park and Camp in Warrens, Wisconsin. 



This is Yogi's swimming lake! I shot this just as they were calling everyone off as a storm was approaching. Never fails we always have at least one day of our trip with weather moving in briefly. But that's okay because we can retreat to some other festivities while we wait out the storm.



See after the storm comes the sunshine, and clouds and panning for gold and other trinkets. My son Dan explaining the process to a fellow camper.





Yogi is one of the wisest bears you can ever know.
I think truly we've all got a lot of Yogi inside of us.


He's learned more about himself in solitude as well as the public eye, then anyone else I know.  Just like Yogi, I've driven myself crazy, and happy, sad and glad and found peace after all the storms. Sometimes it's like rinse and repeat. But we all keep going. It's the secret of giving space when necessary and taking space as needed and living in your own space that creates pure happiness all around us.




Below moments with Cindy Bear




Besides the many stuffed characters, you can bring home there are still the walking, talking and sometimes hilarious Yogi characters you can take pictures with.

They're everywhere just keep watching for them.



Or go to a planned meeting place, so many activities.

9:00 a.m. Sunday morning photo shoot after saying the Pledge of Allegiance.







"In the end, kids won't remember that fancy toy or game you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them." Kevin Heath

 




"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Anonymous


Of course, all of our pups and kitties were back home or in their spa like retreat boarding places, barking up a storm and enjoying the company of other fellow dog friends, and yet missing us all as much as we missed them.

Naturally they were excited to be reunited with their humans. Even Karina's newest pet.




Meet GG a carrot lover!




Believe in precious moments around us.

Believe in being good to people and all the many critters among us.


"I believe in love with your whole heart. And I believe in being genuine no matter the circumstances."
Reyna Biddy


Mostly I believe in the animal kingdom.





You know Artemis is thinking. I'm so excited I'll drive us home!





Yes, back on my Mama's lap at home once again! I'm a proud and happy pup.





Friendly Rusty is quite the socializer, and he lost his voice for a few days after his time away.



"The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
Sylvia Plath

Just keep on doing your thing, whatever it may be.




Unless it's carved out of wood,

"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat." Erin Hunter





"Remember, remember, this is now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted."
Sylvia Plath


Thanks for stopping in, and for your comments that make my day.

Take good care of you.



10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your vacation at the Yogi camping resort looks like a fun time for you and your family. I know your furbabies were happy to see you return, they are adorable photos. GG the carrot lover is a cutie. It is good to take these family vacations, creating new happy memories. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so very much. I hope that your delightful vacation has left you refreshed and restored.

Cloudia said...

Such a joyous post! Like being on vacation, then the pets!!

William Kendall said...

GG is adorable.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks like so much fun! I would be smiling from ear to ear the whole time I was there! I would act goofy! lol Love the quotes today too!

21 Wits said...

Thanks not sure if you remember from other Yogi posts but we began these fun Jellystone trips in 1991 when our grown children were little kiddos!

21 Wits said...

Absolutely first day back slipped by so quickly, actually this whole week went before I knew it. But! I’m ready for another trip 😄

21 Wits said...

Absolutely ❤️

21 Wits said...

And her new human mama, Karina just adores her!

21 Wits said...

Thanks it’s fun to cut back and just be a silly sometimes 😉