Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Jolly Old Time About and Critters

 Welcome to another

 SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

and jaunt around town.




"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful." E.E. Cummings
(Misty and most critters sentiments)


In case you don't recognize that glow in the corner, it's the sun.
and when Misty comes inside again, she'll be pretty much a white dog!






Pause for the hidden birds.


"May my heart always be open to little birds 
who are the secrets of living 
whatever they sing
 is better than to know
 and if men should not hear them 
men are old."
E.E. Cummings


 

"The sun, the bright sun, that brings back, not light alone, but new life, and hope, and freshness to man, burst upon the crowded city in clear and radiant glory. Through costly-colored glass and paper-mended window, through cathedral dome and crevice, it shed its equal ray."

Charles Dickens




Don't be fooled, there are Alabama dogs that love, crave, enjoy and beg to stay outside and play in the snow. Kids required.






"The outside is the only place we can truly be inside the world."
Daniel J. Rice





"Me? I prefer the warm, soft cozy existence of a basket of clothes fresh out of the dryer."





"The snow doesn't give a soft white damn who it touches."
E.E. Cummings





Devoted love, we learn from our dogs.



"The greater part of human activity is designed to make permanent those experiences and joys which are only lovable because they are changing. 

Music is a delight because of its rhythm and flow. Yet the moment you arrest the flow and prolong a note or chord beyond its time, the rhythm is destroyed." 

Alan Watts





I wish Minnesota would bring this scavenger hunt back it's so necessary to have excitingly fun things to do outside in our often-frozen tundra during the winter. 



Hudson, Wisconsin

Please do drop in. It's oh so cozy inside away from the wind.






Yes, we can often find places to tour in the wintertime and if you go there today it's open until 3 p.m.




From snowy and lovely Hudson, Wisconsin.


Thank you for stopping by and gifting me with your thoughts.

Take good care of you and those around you.

Enjoy your week ahead. I know it's been a bit long of a winter for some of us but I find it so hard to believe that it's almost February.



6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Karen

Love your sweet furbabies. I am sure they like playing out in the snow as much as the kiddies. Cute photo of the kitty in the laundry basket. I like that Octagon House. January has flown by! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and happy new week!

Elephant's Child said...

I love and am inspired by your take on a season that many find difficult. It is summer I struggle with. It goes on for too long (for me) here and leaves me a sad, soggy and grumpy mess. I need to shift my focus.

Cloudia said...

Out of the wind is delicious! We are having some rainy, windy weather, though to you. It would be a spring day I'm sure. I enjoy walking with you so much. Karen!

Cloudia said...

Oh! And this sweetie in the laundry basket!

RedPat said...

I like the snow but the basket of warm clothes is a winner. ;-)

Jeff said...

That Octagon House is beautiful! I hope we have at least one snow this year--we have had a dusting and that's it.