Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Winter Blitz

It's been a wild winter pretty much all across the United States and here's a bit from my neck of the woods.


There is good news. Spring begins here in 2 months and 1 week! Officially that is.


The life in front of you is far more important

 than the life behind you.

Joel


I have a mantra that keeps me positive.

I remember that every season has opportunities for growth, joy and moments to flourish rather than wilt-away.




These are a couple of photos from the parking lot where I work
 I even brought one of my snowmen to work that day.  Driving in and out can be treacherous.





It's all about stringing small pleasures together 

as much as possible.




From downtown Lakeville last Tuesday

 our snowstorm was moving in.

On this day I was living and driving in the quiet, barely a car on the road taking a long way home from the dentist in joyous expectation of what tomorrow's weather would be. 

and so, this is the next morning.



Hardly joyous!

But once I made it out of our driveway it was smooth sailing.

Wednesday morning consisted of much shoveling and plowing to leave our driveway! It was a mixture of heavy frozen slush underneath fresh fluffy snow.

SO!

Inspiring words on a mug!









One more mantra for these days.

"Remember to delight yourself first,

then others can be truly delighted."

Sark





A human being knows when to take a moment to enjoy the inside of shopping malls and other places like below. 

Dogs on the other hand (like my dog Misty) if the weather is warm enough, she'd play all day in the snow.




Sometimes your imagination is better than the Real Thing.






No snowman can be enjoyed or appreciated until you've shaped it with your own hands and placed a scarf around his next. The broom is optional.




Take hold of the here and now.
It's all yours.
and

Be creative. Eat well. Sleep better. Find some sunshine.
Art can save your life.

Reading takes you to the best of places.





Today only happens once, so make the most of it.


Wishing you all the best and days of joyful moments and fewer winter struggles, as last week served for us. 

Thanks for stopping in today and please
take good care of you.




9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a lot of snow! We got a lot of snow in December.

Sandi said...

I like your little snowman. Be safe out there!

Elephant's Child said...

Stay safe, stay warm - and hooray for a positive outlook. A big YES to reading too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your snowy world looks so cold. I am glad you made it out of your driveway safely. I love your inspiring quotes. I wish you many joyous moments and some sun shiny days. Take care, enjoy your day!

RedPat said...

I love your little snowman but not the snow. We have none here.

Jeff said...

I am sorry you had a hard time posting in my blog. I don't know why that happens sometime.

It feels like spring has already arrived here. It was 45 degrees before sunrise this morning when I was walking the trash out to the highway. We had one week of bitterly cold, but only snow flurries so far. And there is no snow on the horizon :(

Jenny Woolf said...

What nice and inspiring words. I take them to heart. I'm appreciating not having to deal with snow today. More is forecast (we often don't get ANY in London but have already had some). Happy new Year to you!

Cloudia said...

Drive safe dear! Did I ever tell you that I lived in northern New Hampshire for a time? Even camped out in the snow and climbed a small mountain. But no more winters for me now. Thank you!

21 Wits said...

Yes Cloudia you have mentioned some interesting stories in Philly too I think? But winter moments and memories as well!