Welcome to my recap of recent adventures. This post is from the Minnesota State Fair and (my next post) will include romps in and around Duluth, Minnesota.
I'm posting to
Going to the fair, be it county or state evokes a joy of being set free. Where time stands still putting everything else on the back burner as you simply enjoy the day.
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
Ruth Ann Schabacker
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e.e. cummings
Oh, where should I begin.
Put your future in good hands - your own.
My first stop is usually right here at the Salem Lutheran Church Dining Hall so I can enjoy their delicious egg coffee!
Below photos are from the Fine Arts Building at the Minnesota State Fair 2026
One of my favorites this year is this painting which is also the
People's Choice Award Winner:
The Lee A. Tregurtha (1942) Enters the Icy Duluth, Minnesota Harbor
Artist: Nathan Klok, Burnsville, Mn.
This fine house hanging like in limbo is still at the Franconia Sculpture Park.
It was an awfully good day at the fair!
Douglas Wissing said, "State fairs are the confluence of the garish and the profound."
You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.
Isadore Duncan
Please don't tell the pigs that they offer Bacon-on-a-stick!
These adorable little piglets are 10 days old.
Alternative choice- Did anyone enjoy jumbo-shrimp-on-a-stick at the fair?
Kisses!
No matter where you live, we are all in the membership of this small group of people that we call a county. The difference is not a matter of who's in and who's out; it's a matter of whether you know that you are a continuation of something bigger than yourself, we are all a part of the life and history of the place.
Eric Overby
That place is Minnesota!
Always a huge crowd to see this show so plan ahead for a good seat. Come early!
Pickle-pie-on-a-stick was new this year!
Let me know what you think!
Of course you have to stop by all the things here. Remember to do what Smokey says.
Only you can prevent wildfires!
Of course, cows talk to each other!
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Robert Frost
Yep, created and crafted by a 4-H student!
There's something that feels all American about going to the fair.
We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
Robert Frost
We all have our favorite things to eat or drink at the fair
it's one of the biggest draws for going to the fair!
Like a rustic at a fair, we are full of amazement and rapture and have no thought of going home, or that it will soon be night.
William Hazlitt
Crop Art at its finest made by Minnesota-grown seeds.
It was Military Appreciation Day!
Our Minnesota National Guard, the 34th Infantry Red Bull Division put on an excellent show honoring all Veterans. Music performed by Boots 'N Brass.
I hope you felt a sense of being at the Minnesota State Fair while looking through my photos.
Thank you for browsing through a few of my many state fair photos!
Downtown Duluth, Minnesota.
Keep your best wishes close to your heart and watch what happens.
Thank you for stopping by and gifting me with your comments. Enjoy the summer like days as they slip into autumn.
Take good care of you





























19 comments:
Great post, Karen! Loved the mix of art, fair fun, and classic quotes. That Harbor painting is incredible.
Wonderful account of your visit? Had never heard of egg coffee?
A good mix of photos.
Hello Karen,
It does look like a fun day at the fair. I love all the art work, the cute piggies and cows are adorable. I have never heard of egg coffee. Great quotes and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Dear Karen, here in Montreal, Canada, we get carnivals but not fairs, as it is a big city. I absolutely love all your quotes and photos! The pigs are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this fascinating and enjoyable tour!
What a day you had, Karen!
This is very cool! I really enjoyed it. Karen. There is also a Franconia New Hampshire Germans in both cases I suppose.
I will always remember my introduction to egg coffee. A frequent stop now when I go to the fair. Really appreciate your posts and enthusiasm for every thing out there. The fair is a great place for new things to see and so many memories of so many spots there.
Thank you so much, it's quite the place and every year I miss some things, it's just a vast amount of things to do and see out there.
Oh well, you do need to try some, it takes the bitterness away. What the Minnesota fair shares is the Swedish egg coffee, there are others. Swedish egg coffee, also called “church basement coffee” in the American Midwest, originated with Scandinavian immigrants who used eggs to clarify coffee and reduce bitterness. It produces a smooth, velvety cup with enhanced caffeine extraction and is traditionally enjoyed during communal gatherings or fika-style breaks.
Thank you, I took a lot more than these, and I didn't see everything out there. Every year it seems to expand, but that's good it keeps bringing us back!
It really was Eileen, and this year I went all by myself, so it was easy to maneuver through all of my favorite things!
I'm so happy you enjoyed it, and it's fun going back through all of it for me as well creating these posts.
I agree and when it's time to go it actually sad, because you wait an entire year before you see it all again!
Thank you Cloudia it was a fun day and still have a few regrets of some things I didn't get to, but will catch it next year!
You are spot on about everything you said! It was a bit different for me this year as I went alone and still enjoyed it all!
Looks like such a fun time.
The state fair is always a good time, no matter where you live!
I have done it alone....not a bad way to see exactly what you want for as long as you want. A good way to contemplate just whatever comes to your mind.
Post a Comment