Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Places and Critters

Welcome to my post for 

SATURDAY'S CRITTERS 

and City Daily Photo 




White Bear Lake, Minnesota


"It is a serious thing to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world." Mary Oliver 




K-9 Officer Smoke, Farmington PD.



Charleston, South Carolina.


"A place belongs forever to whoever claims it hardest, remembers it most obsessively, wrenches it from itself, shapes it, renders it, loves it so radically that he remakes it in his own image." Joan Didion 




Lake City, Minnesota

"Still, what I want in my life is to be willing, to be dazzled, to cast aside the weight of facts." Mary Oliver
 




Hastings, Minnesota with the Hastings High Bridge.

If you know me or follow my blog you know I'm a fan of quotes so when something pulls me inward, I have the desire to share it.

"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."
Joan Didion (American writer and journalist)

I met an interesting writer David McNally (a member of the Speakers Hall of Fame) and I had the privilege of having him autograph his book for me.




David McNally was a keynote speaker for the Lions International Mid-Winter Convention January 2025.




Remember this, your mission on Earth isn't finished.

Being a (dog) fan, these three pups below are my oldest son's dogs, and he created this Chat GPT photo for me.




Aren't they adorable and busy little chefs too!



Huntsville, Alabama



These next photos are from Mackinac Island, Michigan






Can you see The Round Island Lighthouse off in the distance?














Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant. 
Joan Didion





"We tell ourselves stories in order to live." Joan Didion



















You have to pick the places you don't walk away from.

"And that is just the point, how the world, moist and beautiful, calls to each of us to make a new and serious response. That's the big question, the one the world throws at you every morning. "Here you are, alive. Would you like to make a comment?" Mary Oliver




Thank you so much for stopping by and gifting me with your comments! 

14 comments:

Shiju Sugunan said...

Great captures, Karen! Your attention to detail is amazing. You notice and capture things most people would miss.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
Another wonderful inspiring post. I loved all the critters, especially the dogs, cats and horses. The first bear sculpture is awesome.
Your son's Chat GPT photo is so cute. They are adorable chefs.
Take care of you! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

magiceye said...

Beautiful takes on the theme!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Karen, your photos are beautiful! I enjoyed seeing all the adorable and majestic animals. Thank you so much for sharing.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

The Goura Victoria (I had to looking for on internet) is the first ever time a see that blue bird. Amazing. The white bear family scultpture is lovely.

21 Wits said...

Thank you that's a very nice compliment, especially coming from you one of my favorite photographers, as your photos are always outstanding!

21 Wits said...

Thank you I love those Chat GPT photos he took a few and I have to post their sky diving photo it is hilarious! Thanks for you lovely comment and stopping by. I was able to post earlier this weekend that was fun!

21 Wits said...

Thank you so much, and for stopping by. Enjoy your week ahead!

21 Wits said...

Thank you and I do enjoy putting these posts together especially rereading my quotes especially on a rainy day! This weekend was kind of a wash! I did get one art fair in though!

21 Wits said...

Thank you, I know I should have added the name too, thank you for looking it up, I'm a huge fan too of checking things out, and this bird is gorgeous, of course he's my favorite shade of blue too!

Diana said...

Hello, a lovely mix of places and critters, and the three little dog chefs made me smile. The views of Mackinac Island and the Hastings bridge were beautiful too. Thank you for sharing, and have a great week!

Jeff said...

I like the title of McNally's book. And I thought Minnesota was a little far south for White Bears (of course, I'm thinking polar bears). Great photos and quotes as always.

Hena Tayeb said...

So many wonderful animals.

Anonymous said...

Your love for animals and nature is always an inspiration to get out and find them as often as I can.
The legend of the white bear lake bear is always fun to read no matter how often.
Thank you for the inspiring posts.
The fall season is here and I am sure you appreciate and enjoy it every day you can .