Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Centus I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing

Jenny Matlock

Jenny from Saturday Centus has offered such an inspiring prompt to an old amazing song….at the end I have a link to a video of it on You Tube (check it out) it feels really good to hear again....


If you want to join in on this fun and silliness at Jenny’s Saturday Centus please go here

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/05/saturday-centus-id-like-to-teach-world.html

Our prompt this week is "I'd like to teach the world to sing...."  and including the prompt we must supply at least 100 words...no more please...! Here is my Saturday Centus post....

      In honor of this song ……teaching the world to sing in perfect
h a r m o n y ....singing la la along building a world with love…I posed this question on Facebook …..

Me: “I’d like to teach the world to sing,” ….can you help?

Johnny Egghead:  Ah, sorry you’d enjoy a raging, banging merciless wind more!

Mr. Herring Bone:  Really? …foregoing foolish reluctance....I humbly… accept….

 Molly Go Lightly: From the valley of strange echoes…listen carefully …NO WAY!

Bea Warey Clown:      Hoarsely…..this tragic voice never sings (out of the shower!)

Aaron theRedBaron:     “laughing” I taught you to sing!  

The End......


Note:  The names and comments have been changed to protect my friends and family!  No animals or trees were hurt in this process....This is not a true story.   Just BLOG fun!

“I’d like to teach the world to sing,” here’s the link for an inspiring version of it on Youtube


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taqLEjCVTdo

12 comments:

Judie said...

OMG! Karen, you are soooo funny! I love this!! I'm afraid mine is no where near this good!!

sage said...

I'm not one to teach the world to sing, at least not if you want the world to be in harmony! But that's such a hopeful song--I wrote an article once on Coke's marketing (and referred to this song which came out when I was in high school). I think a copy of the article is in my notes on facebook.

jabblog said...

Imaginative response to the prompt - very amusing:-)

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

=)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I love what you did with this prompt, Karen! People's comments to silly blurbs (like that facebook bit) are always worthy of hearty laughter.
Nicely done.
xoRobyn

Dazee Dreamer said...

Dang, I was going to say, you had some awesome friends. But I also really liked your post.

Nonna said...

Very creative use of the prompt...wish I had thought of that for a change of pace !

Amanda said...

LOL..I can just see the dialog in a movie. A 60s movie. :)

Sweetened by Kagi said...

Hey,
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I just read your post ( SO FUNNY!!!) I am now your newest follower and I hope you will follow me too... I look forward to your future blog posts :)

Jo said...

This was so much fun and so totally imaginative!!!

Ames said...

It would be a process wouldn't it.:)~Ames

Jenny said...

Karen, I love your creative take on this prompt. I've been humming this song all through my reading...and I had to stop and laugh out loud at your contribution. You are wonderful.