Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Centus It Doesn't Have To Be That

WELCOME TO


                      SATURDAY CENTUS
                            
I believe you, I believe you, I really-really do....

Miss Jenny is being really sweet this morning, (probably because we now know, Jenny knows the true meaning of soup) you can check her blog for details on the soup.....
and today's centus is as usual, any style, 100 words plus our prompt, one picture is okay....but no more!

Our prompt is:

"It doesn't have to be that way..."



Here's mine.....

Please don't go.  I promise to laugh at all your attempts.
If only, you believed in miracles...
For as long as I keep laughing
You'll be safe.
If only you believed in miracles....
and that
there's not one Knight braver than you
If only you believe....
You'd always be safe.
But oh no, you're powerless
in the here and now

It doesn't have to be that way

What a pleasure it would be for you
If you'd only attempt 
to believe
just once more
laughs the spider to the fly....

If you would like to read some more Saturday Centus please go here, and don't forget you're always invited to attempt your own Saturday Centus as well

                              

15 comments:

Judie said...

Yow! This brilliant but also disturbing, Karen. You have absolutely no idea how well I can relate to this. I know a lot of people who should definitely read this.

xoxo

Cloudia said...

you go deep, Karen



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Galen Pearl said...

That was deep indeed! You always manage a surprise twist at the end that makes me rethink what you wrote!

Susan Anderson said...

Nice! I like.

=)

Ames said...

I'm pulling for the fly.~Ames

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to thank you fully for the articles on your web-site. I know you'd put a lot of time and energy into all of them and hope you know how much I appreciate it. I hope I could do the same for someone else sometime.

anitamombanita said...

very nice. I like too!

jfb57 said...

Oh what a twist at the end! I felt sure it was going to be about lovers or some such! Brilliant!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

great karen!!
nice twist at the end there...VERY good!!

(but i DO believe said the fly to the spider...i DO believe you won't eat me today!) :)

Tracy said...

poor fly

Bethe77 said...

You got me on the ending. Great chickle I had. Im thinking the fly will oss but that spider is a tricky one. Have a great week. Blessings

darlin said...

Fantastic ending! I love it!!

Jo said...

well you rocked the prompt for sure ... great twist ... i was engaged in the story entirely!

JJ said...

I'm a positive guy. Lucky for him the spider was laughing.

Jenny said...

Somedays I feel like the spider.

Somedays I feel like the fly.

Somedays I just want to stay in bed!

But today I'm glad I got up and read your wonderful offering!

This was really, really cool!