Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Like Islands in the Sea of Critters Too

 Not sure what's happening with Blogger, so many changes but going to roll with the flow and get this post out.


We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep. (reflective of life, lately)

William James


SATURDAY'S CRITTERS 

I took a stroll at Hot Sam's Antiques just for Eileen's critter post.


It would appear I had a critter-photographer helping me today!

No description available.

She brought her own Kodak camera!


One day in retrospect, the years of struggle

(especially these recent covid-19 months)

 will strike you as the most beautiful.

Sigmund Freud


No description available.


Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.

Sigmund Freud


No description available.

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hill side on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring, it was peace.

Milan Kundera 


Where does a thought go when it's forgotten?

Sigmund Freud


No description available.


Sometimes the slightest things change the directions of our lives, the merest breath of a circumstance, a random moment that connects like a meteorite striking the earth. Lives have swiveled and changed direction on the strength of a chance remark.

Bryce Courtenay


No description available.

Everywhere I go I find a poet has been there before me.

Sigmund Freud


No description available.


The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts, it gives you what you what you demand with your actions.

Steve Maraboli


No description available.


All animals except man know that the principle business of life

is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler


No description available.



No description available.


Wait, I twat I taw a puddy tat!


No description available.

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. 

William James


A silent understanding can be a very healing energy.

The less said the better

just be there, we don't always need words

to convey compassion.

We need a quiet understanding

and a loving energy that passes between us.


Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Books are like imprisoned souls until someone takes them down from a shelf and frees them.

Samuel Butler


Thanks for stopping by and 

this is still a work in progress!

Take good care of you.


9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the quirky fun you shared.
And a big sigh at the vagaries of New Blogger - though I thoroughly enjoy all of your large photos.

21 Wits said...

Yes the vagaries of New Blogger are a bit overwhelming. It seems I have lots to catch up with, especially with my photos, and a few other things. Have a great week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Karen

I enjoyed all your inspiring post, critters and photos. The quotes are well chosen and are perfect for these times we are going through now. The piggies are one of my favorite, I love the dog and Milan Kundera quote. I would be happy sitting on a hill side with a dog by my side. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week!

Rain said...

Hi Karen! :) What a fun post! Thanks for sharing, I love that Antiques place! Oh the Tweety Bird made me smile. I'm a big Looney Tunes fan, I draw Bugs Bunny a lot! I love the sexy frog! The piggies are delightful! :) The new Blogger keeps surprising and shocking me...I hope we all get used to it and they fix all the glitches!!

RedPat said...

Wonderful words for us all, Karen!
I have switched back to legacy blogger and I hope it lasts for a while. I am no techie and have an old computer which may not like the new blogger.
Stay safe!

Cloudia said...

I love your photos, your steal-worthy quotes, and most of all YOU, Karen <3

sage said...

Interesting photos--a "artsy" zoo! As always, you come up with great quotes.

R's Rue said...

I love the photos.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

i do not like the new blogger and i am using the old one for as long as i can. i can't set up my posts right, all of my posts come out with double spacing and it takes a lot more steps to add a picture!! i just plain ole' don't like it!!

i do however like this post, i enjoyed it very much. lots of cute and unusual critters!!