Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Thursday, August 20, 2020

On Being You


I decided to treat this Blogger change over like cooking.

Because we all enjoy adventure and trying new things right?


"Each season is like a little treasure box, filled with the gift of food."

Karista Bennett

and for the record, I look at all of our posts as just that. Each one like a new treasure to open and enjoy. We learn by them and, for myself the biggest gift from reading your posts, is very often the comfort I feel,  and sometimes humor, and the beauty of checking out places and sharing them.



Food should not only satisfy hunger, it should feed the soul

nourish the body and delight the senses.

Karista Bennett


No description available.

The look of you can do this!

Everything is within your power and your power is within you.

Janice Trachtman


Live like a dog and feel the wind against your face.


The breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.

Kahlil Gibran


In every moment of choice, you create a new destiny.

Kevin Michel


No description available.

This photo is a great reminder as to how I felt/feel about this change in Blogger. Sideways and all so confusing! But a challenge I accept!

Karina requested a sideways cake for her birthday this year, as she entered the double digits a big and happy adventurous 10 years old!


No description available.


Small shifts in your thinking

and small changes in your energy

can lead to massive alterations of your end result.

Kevin Michel



 Despite the obvious fault in the universe, 

it cannot be used as an excuse 

for not trying to be your best self.

Be you!

Instead, use fairness as a starting point

to be sure that your actions

are the best that you can muster,

and find peace in navigating your time here

with grace and humor whenever possible.

Valerie Plame


We are all in this together, blogging is our thing 

and we must keep on keeping on! 

Thanks for stopping in

 and take good care of you!



7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That is a spectacular cake. Thank you for your usual quirky, lovely, uplifting post.
That said, I like cooking, but am not enjoying the taste of New Blogger. I am sure it is fattening too.

21 Wits said...

Oh I totally agree with you about blogger. Not sure why they're making it so much work just to get a post completed. Not to mention our reading list, it's like traveling a twisted road through a frightening nightmare where one never wakes up!

Hootin Anni said...

I tried the new blogger interface on my bird photo blog today (one thing I noticed - or couldn't find a way, is to size my images). Will carry on. LOVE the sideways cake...10 years old. wow

loved the quotes too

sage said...

That's a neat cake and your granddaughter looks very happy!

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I tried the new blogger, I missed the old way of updating a post. The photos are all over the place and the choosing font size should be so much easier. I love that cake, happy birthday to your granddaughter. The doggie hanging out the car window made me smile, so cute. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Jeanie said...

You made that cake? Wow! I'm trying to think how you'd time cooking that bottom layer! Or did you cut it -- that makes more sense to me.

Anyway, a couple things --thanks for coming over to Marmelade Gypsy and meeting my Cooper hawks. Also, speaking of blogger, I have a survey of new blogger -- issues and concerns -- in a post that is one or two down from the Coopers. I don't have the file open to check to see if you weighed in, but if you didn't and want to, feel free. I'll be posting a wrap up sometime soon. The comments are pretty interesting with some problem solving there too!

Jay Newton said...

Nice blog you haave