Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Kindest Souls and a Critter Rescue


Rusty keeping watch over his grounds.

Today, and actually every single day, let's honor our pets and other critters that not only brighten our day, they enrich our hearts and souls.


Welcome to SATURDAY'S CRITTERS



Today might be a great day to share your favorite toys!



 Pets understand humans better than humans do. Ruchi Prabhu


Is there anyone out there that doesn't like yard critters?

Here are a few from my recent trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan. If I'd only had a huge truck with me to bring them all home! 

I especially enjoy hand-carvings. 



These eyes are watching you.

Some things just fill your heart naturally without even trying.


Baby Raccoons rescued!


So what a treat knowing that grown men were involved in this raccoon rescue. I wish I'd been there. The story and photos made my day.

Look closely as you'll see one of the cub or kit as they're referred to  peeking out from where his or her fellow litter mates already jumped to safety. There were four baby raccoons trapped inside this building and luckily they managed to escape safely and were offered water before being carefully taken to a safer location in hopes their mother can relocate them. Or possibly their mother had sent out on their own? 


Photo enlarged.

We all know better to not mess with a grown raccoon, babies are the exception, just don't bring any of them home!



"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the life long attempt to acquire it."
Albert Einstein


To acquire wisdom one must observe.


I took this photo of Karina on the vehicle free street of Mackinac Island.

Today's the day to capture a critter or two!




"You gave a promise to love me and I accept!" signed, Your dog.



These Eyes, 

not only light your way, 

they guide you.



If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.
Lewis Carroll



It's not what happens to you, 

but how you react to it that matters.

Epictetus


It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks they already know.

Epictetus

Does anyone recall that famous line from the American sitcom Hogan's Heroes?

I know nothing! 




Yep, that's me on the end.

Chillin' with My Gnomies I hope you do too!


Thanks for stopping in.

Enjoy your weekend and take good care of you.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

LOL, I like the Chillin with my Gnomies photo. Your critters and furbabies are adorable.
I miss having a dog, thanks for sharing your dogs. They are so cute. I like the carved critters too. Your vacation on Mackinac Island looks like fun! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, I always appreciate your visits and comments.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the gnomies.....how cute! Lots of sweet critters today too. I really love the dogs!

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big smiles.
You are so right about critters enriching our world. They keep secrets really well too...

William Kendall said...

Cute critters.

Shiju Sugunan said...

All these critters look good.

Cloudia said...

You are so much fun it's just wonderful being with you K

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a fun post Karen, I agree pets are the best. I don't officially own a pet at the moment but I have a cat who spends all his time here, has a cosy bed in the garage, has breakfast and dinner here and loves it when I'm working in the garden. Enjoyed every quote and yes I do remember 'I know nothing', excellent program Hogan's Heroes 😉

Yvonne said...

So much to look at. This was a fun read.