Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Day After Memorial Day

Fort Snelling National Cemetery 2021

Memorial Day Celebration was yesterday.




Posting for City Daily Photo.


"To us, the ashes of our ancestors are sacred and their resting place is hallowed ground.

While you wander away from the tombs of your fathers seemingly without regret." 



Every year I visit my father's grave and other friends that are buried at Fort Snelling National Cemetery as well.



My father was in the United States Navy.





The Vietnam War from 1964 - 1975



As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.



As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation's wars.

John M. McHugh




 

Regard your soldiers as your children,

and they will follow you into the deepest valleys:

look upon them as your own beloved sons/daughters,

and they will stand by you even unto death.

Sun Tzu


During my visit they began to bring down the American flags and fold them ever so carefully and placed each one into individual bags.


When I let go of what I am,

then I become what I might be.

Sun Tzu

and 

From caring comes courage.



I always feel a deep connection to my loved one or friend while visiting their grave.


Thanks for stopping in.

Take good care of you.

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

We don't have Memorial Day here. I grieve for the families (all over the world) for whom every day the remembering is front and centre - and painful.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful post for Memorial Day! We must remember and honor those who gave their all for our country. Take care, enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

Just right for the day.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I feel the same Karen. Remembrance Day and Anzac Day always make me sad that all those young men died and there is so much fighting going on around the world still today ✨

Debbie said...

such a beautiful tribute and memorial. so many people forget about the true meaning of memorial day!! that wreath is really pretty!!

RedPat said...

A wonderful post for the day, Karen.