Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Food for Thought


Use each interaction to be the best,

most powerful version of yourself.

said the cat and

Marianne Williamson



Okay as I promised is this the kitty cat post today?

Nope, that's saved for this coming Saturday's Critters post with Eileen. Instead, a bit of kitty cat wisdom about an important experience I had last week.





"Blessed are those that love cats, for they shall never be lonely."

Love given is love returned. Same goes for volunteering.


Just one of the many opportunities working for Target offers us. Although I already knew about "Feed My Starving Children of Minnesota" through the Lions Club (their motto, We serve) this time I went with co-workers. I'm  Posting to City Daily Photo.


"It's not the love you make. It's the love you give."




Yes, that's me in the center along with four other team members from our store. 




As this video shows music playing in the background as we work,  music sets the mood, I'm not kidding. They play upbeat songs all through the process of putting the bags together. Your first visit you may enter meek and unsure of what's going to happen but you leave energized in so many ways. 




"Let go of certainty. The opposite isn't uncertainty, It's openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow."

 Tony Schwartz quotes
and 
"Each of us has a finite reservoir of energy in any given day."





Life often feels like a guessing game.
Should I engage or walk on by?
If you have a choice to interact
 face to face,
do it!


Let The Art Of Conversation Grow.





I don't know if it's the aftermath of COVID-19 taking over/consuming  our lives but I stumbled across this awesome quote today.

"In these times I don't in a manner of speaking, know what I want; perhaps I don't want what I know and want what I don't know." Marsilio Ficino  Born 1433 and died 1499 amazing right?





A delicious close to food for thought is this.









Never underestimate the power of kitty-cats and sweets.


Thanks for sharing time with me. Your visits and comments are special.


Take good care of you and enjoy your week.




 





7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Volunteering gives me so much more than I can give it - which makes me feel a bit guilty some days.
Love that centuries old quote. Thank you.

Debbie said...

oooooh karen, i loved the pictures and the video, what a GREAT experience!! volunteering, helping to feed the world brings so much joy to all those involved!! and you are right about the music, i can see how it gets everyone going and creates an environment of happiness!!

to answer your question on my blog: it is my niece's house...that is a tv over their fireplace. they are "new wave" although they have had it for a while now. you choose the picture you want to display while the tv is off. it's so cool, i love the options they have for christmas and winter!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen

Kudos to you and your team mates for volunteering. No child should go hungry. Love the kitties and inspiring quotes. Music does make us happy and energized.
Take care, have a happy day!

Jeff said...

Yep, you included the cats. I'm intrigued by your volunteer work. In past churches, we have hosted 10000Villages markets (and another, that I don't remember the name) that pay fair prices for goods to the producers. The Mennonite Church runs 10,000 Villages. It is an interesting program and I'd be up to doing it again.

RedPat said...

How wonderful of you to do so much volunteering Karen!

Cloudia said...

Karen you are a sweet as a cat!

William Kendall said...

A very tempting sweet.