Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Leaping and Twinkling


I'm posting from Stillwater, Minnesota today, and joining 




"As Carl Jung put it, "In each of us there is another whom we do not know," As Pink Floyd sang, "There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

David Eagleman


Being one with nature and wandering 

wherever my feet take me, defines a better me.


Welcome to Stillwater a town characterized by the sights and sounds on the lovely St. Croix River with its many paddlewheel river boats and other boats. 

 



 "Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like and echo. Be like water making its way through."
Bruce Lee




 Happy Heart Day to You All


 "If it were not for the leaping and twinkling of the soul, man would rot away in his greatest passion, idleness."

Carl Jung


Being out and about in this charming riverboat town of Stillwater nestled on the St. Croix River, puts a jingle in my step ever single time.




"It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials."
Bruce Lee

Below, a place where little eyes twinkle and you hear the sounds of, please, please can we go inside?



Most folks can't resist this home-made fudge.


"Taking time to do nothing often brings everything into perspective."
Doe Santamata





Absolutely no waiting here! 
But also, no service either until spring!




Try for your dining pleasure, by entering through the door on the right, 




and

You've arrived. Find a seat.


These steps below aren't that scary, although I've never walked them during icy winters, but the from the top the view is without a doubt a must see.
And yes, you can reach the top by car.



"When we open our eyes to what lies before us 

what we see is 

somewhere between reminiscence and reality."

Karen Sather




"Sometimes the only thing in your control is the way you react to something."

Doe Zantamata



Unbelievably delicious Irish Burger!



"This fire that we call loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls." 

Aberjhani 


Wishing you all the happiest, most joyful of Happy Hearts for Valentine's Day. 

Thanks for stopping in, and for your comments.

Take good care of you and your loved ones.

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. I very much enjoyed wandering with you - as I always do.

21 Wits said...

Thanks for stopping in today, I'm just making the rounds out and about the postings here and I'm excited for your lovely captures to warm up my day and bring smiles in my kind of grey day here. But the sun promises to visit soon. I hope to catch this week's words, I missed finding them last week, I guess they post on my Wednesday now?

RedPat said...

What a nice wander that was! Stay warm and enjoy the heart day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a nice tour of Stillwater. The homemade fudge and the burger sound delicious. Wonderful photos. Happy Valentine's Day to you! Take care, have a happy new week!

Hootin Anni said...

I'll take one of those Irish Burgers if someone is willing to split it with me.

Happy Valentine's day Karen.

William Kendall said...

I like the architecture. The staircase reminds me of one here.

21 Wits said...

You’d really be impressed with the view too. I’m going to take some photos of it once the water opens up to travel, amazing!

21 Wits said...

Can you believe I ate the entire meal! Was planning on saving half for lunch the next day but the sauce or whatever was too good had to finish it!

21 Wits said...

Amazing how this town even has another world winning old time candy store too! The fudge is incredible too!

21 Wits said...

I hope your Heart Day was wonderful too! Our days here go up and down in temperatures it’s getting crazy really.

21 Wits said...

Thanks I know the feeling I also enjoy wandering about your lovely home. Especially seeing your birds, and Kangaroos too!