Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The Importance of Signs

On the subject of signs and their importance, both good or sometimes harmful it's all a matter of your own perspective. Today, I'm posting to City Daily Photo.

 Signs and what they mean to us.

 




 From one of my many visits to The Huntsville Botanical Garden

"Love is a reliable soldier on the war on hate."

Matshona Dhliwayo

However never, just because you've heard love conquers all, try to kiss a rattlesnake.





Take notice of all Mackinac Island warnings.




"We are all just stories that we've been told."

Oliver Jeffers




Some of you may remember I've made several posts about this sculpture park in Franconia. 





"You know someone is truly special when the most beautiful thing they have on is a kind soul." Matshona Dhliwayo




How about those signs that speak to us?





The sign LOVE and each letter offering a message.  

It's Okay to Be Different. I Love a Special Someone with Autism.  Autism Speaks. Love. Understand. Accept.




"We love the imperfect shapes in nature and in the works of art, look for an intentional error as a sign of the golden key and sincerity found in true mastery." 

Dejan Stojanovic



"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."

 Moliere




It's the getting up 




shaking things off, and moving on, that matters most of all.



I can only imagine that every writer has his or her own selective alphabet as well, but for me Dejan speaks volumes with this quote, as it feels like it should be lyrics to a specific love song.

"There is another alphabet, whispering from every leaf, singing from every river, shimmering from every sky."




"The world is always open, waiting to be discovered."

Dejan Stojanovic






 "Your worth is not what you have, but who you are."

Matshona Dhilwayo

Enjoy your day, and take good care and  be safe.


11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a great collection of signs and quotes!
Love not hate, a great message.
Have a great day!

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you.
Looking at the world from a fresh perspective is almost always well worth while.

William Kendall said...

I love that cat painted onto the first one.

RedPat said...

I love that Dejan quote too!

21 Wits said...

Thanks Eileen I like that Love not Hate too! Enjoy your week!

21 Wits said...

I agree, I’ve needed to remind myself that very thing lately. I adored the rich green grass in my one photo winter is beginning to gnaw at me! Enjoy your day!

21 Wits said...

Thank you kitties are sweet!

21 Wits said...

Thanks me too!

Amila said...

This is a wonderful collection of signs. And, we can't ignore the importance of signs.

Cloudia said...

I'm standing on my chair and clapping. Great post great gal. Just my sort

Jeff said...

Remember the song "Signs" (I think by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)?

I like that rattlesnake quote!