Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Solitude for City Daily Photo

Our March theme for City Daily Photo is "solitude" and like always we share our own interpretation.  I'm offering various views of solitude, a state of being or situation of being alone, and a lonely or uninhabited place. My selections are mostly from the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden at the Walker and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and a few other places around town.

My thoughts on solitude.




If you desire peace and quiet, have a seat.

"Solitude is where I place my chaos to rest and awaken my inner peace."

Nikki Rowe 




Open seating.

Chances are, you won't be disturbed when sitting alone here.


"There's an energy we all attract, whether we feel it or not and those things that come to us during our time of solitude are here to teach and discover things deep within ourselves. If you listen, you won't be disappointed." Me




The middle of nowhere or feels like the wild.

 I don't believe in empty spaces because there is always something to notice, or hear, feel and touch. 



The back of beyond.

"If you're lonely when you're alone,

 you're in bad company."

Jean-Paul Sartre

and

"Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself."





Ahh yes, the loneliness of a sailor's life.

"I can't control the wind, but I can adjust the sail." Ricky Skaggs



It feels like being on top of the world, but really, it's overlooking Red Wing, Minnesota.

"It isn't freedom from. It's freedom to."

Jean-Paul Sartre




Is she sad? Nope. This is the look of a devoted dog that will wait what feels like eternity for their master to return.





Alone in a crowd, each going their own way.






A boy, paper to color and crayons what more do you need?


Please, leave me alone can't you see I'm dancing?





"Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free." Madonna






Me and my shadow.

We thank you for joining us for our March theme.

Your visits and comments are gifts.

Take good care of you and enjoy whatever solitude you desire.




"One of the most powerful lessons that silence teaches us,

 is how to ponder."


4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Another inspiring post, I really like the Nikki Rowe quote.
Beautiful photos, love the patient pup waiting in the car.
Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy new week!

RedPat said...

A wonderful post for the theme, Karen. Nice.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots. The dog is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

Solitude.....easy to find if you know where to look.