Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Northfield Haunts

Out and about the city streets of Northfield, Minnesota. I'm posting for City Daily Photo.


Northfield sits along the banks of the Cannon River and was founded by immigrants from New England and what makes this city special is its diversity. It's art and history culture, city life, rural life, small town charm and offers two colleges all in one town of about 20 thousand people.




Later in the week I'll offer a post from their art gallery in The Art Guild.



Moving forward is necessary yet sideways momentum is key. I just devoured a yummy, gooey cinnamon roll and I'm grateful. I don't have any idea what the future holds but I am alive, eating, wandering out and about and hungerly looking for new things to awe about. 

Karen Sather





"There is no other reality than present reality, so that, even if one were to live for endless ages, to live for the future would be to miss the point everlastingly."
Alan Watts




Take it all in. Soak it up.







On the topic of Conscious observers.





The Bearded Mermaid. Wait, what?








"Sometimes it is the quiet observer who sees the most."
Kathryn L. Nelson




"What you search is not necessarily the same as what you find. When you let go of the searching you start finding."
Hermann Hesse

Like Pride says in N.C.I.S. New Orleans "Learn things!"





"Sitting there in the coffee house, I saw so many stories behind the lips of people who had left them untold."

Lidia Longorio


Tell your stories. Repeat daily.






"There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside of them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself."
Hermann Hesse

Stop thinking, start feeling things.




Are you looking for the next distraction or, interaction?

Back in my school days there were so many distractions. Even today really. Everything gets attention. You know this feeling when you used to search a word in the dictionary. One word leads to another and on and on. 





"Let us be more than our opinions."
repeat that.
Lidia Longorio




Skinner Memorial Chapel built in 1916
Located on the Carleton College Campus






"What's on your mind? I don't know. Nothing but everything at once."

Lidia Longorio





Sometimes,

"The best adventures are embarked on alone."

Lidia Longorio


"Always have a childlike wonder in your heart

even as your view of the world changes."

Lidia Longorio




"Be yourself, but don't remain the same because you deserve growth."

Lidia Longorio


May joy and happiness follow you everywhere you go.

Take good care of you 

and please do come back.



8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

How I love that your eyes, heart and mind are open to seeing and sharing.

21 Wits said...

Thank you so much! Enjoy your week ahead and I look forward to possibly a few more balloon photos, they are marvelous to see.

William Kendall said...

The chapel is quite impressive.

Stefan Jansson said...

There are all the people, the streets are so empty.

Cloudia said...

Wow my dear Karen! This was like a super duper healing dose of exactly what I needed, and what I suspect many many people need right now especially. You are my hero. Keep shining bright. And thanks for the wonderful quotes I can steal

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,

I do enjoy your outings, you see so many wonderful sights. The gooey cinnamon roll sounds yummy. Love the quotes! Longorio's right about not remaining the same, I am a better person for my growth. I hope our future holds many new and fun things. Take care, have a happy new week!

Debbie said...

i am more of a window shopper then a "shopper" so i liked that!! i am also more of an eater, so i liked that too!!

what a beautiful chapel. i like the quote by lidia longorio, that's a good one!!

RedPat said...

That seems like it is my kind of town. And I do love a good cinnamon roll.