Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Keeper of Joy with Critters

 Welcome to

 SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

and City Daily Photo

Here in Minnesota the seasons aren't cooperating with 19 degrees and strong, blustering winds and a high of only 30 degrees even the Ground Hog got it wrong.  Regardless, I'm beginning some spring cleaning and first on my list, is updating photos from around Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs with their current conditions. Snow or no snow, what's happening now.  Next, my outdoor scarecrow collection is mostly tattered and bewildered and require more than a change of outfits.  I hope spring has sprung in your world.


On to my critter call for today.

Say hello to two of my Grand-pups that belong to my oldest son and family and while they enjoy a spring break away the pups will stay with me.



Emme





Bugsley




When life feels out of sorts be thankful you have critter friends.




I'm excited to revisit Cannon Falls to catch the graceful Trumpeter Swans that gather and glide peacefully with ducks and turtles.



Life is Better at the Beach- trust me on this.
 
"A woman's life has so many demands because she is the axis around which so many little planets spin." 
Mary Alice Monroe
from The Beach House
 



Also, from Hot Sam's Antiques.



"Do stuff, be clenched, curious. Not waiting for inspiration's shove or society's kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. Attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager, stay eager."

Susan Sontag



Always a delight are visiting those statues that call you to attention.


"Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable."

Mary Oliver




This adorable stone critter waits

 for visitors at "Hot Sam's Antiques"


Why I Wander About

Things. Stuff. Art. 




"Ten times a day something happens to me like this

some strengthening throb of amazement

some good sweet empathic ping and swell.

This is the first, wildest and the wisest thing I know:

that the soul exists 

and is built entirely out of attentiveness."

Mary Oliver 

Be adventurous. 




"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver


And at the end of the day after the process of a day spent of wandering about

what do you remember most?


May joy be alive throughout you day and 

Take good care of you.

8 comments:

Sandi said...

If you have a giant scarecrow for a friend, you must be good people. 😄

Just now, almost noon here, a deer slowly ambled through the yard across the road. She looks like she has an injured leg. I wonder what happened. Maybe a car. She ran-walk-hobbled off into the woods. Strange to see one this time of day, though in the early morning it is not unheard of to see an entire herd of them. One time at least twenty bounced through our yard and into the next.

Why am I telling you this? I was reading your blog when it happened and you love animals. I hope our deer friend is okay.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
I always love Mary Oliver's poems. Bugsley and Emme are sweet furbabies.
Pretty capture of the Trumpeter Swan. I love all the critter statues too.
Looking forward to more of your wanders. I hope your weather warms up soon.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

RedPat said...

It is rainy here today but that will help the flowers. The weather has been so strange this year everywhere. Enjoy the grandpups.

Elephant's Child said...

Critter, nature, whimsy, awe and wonder DO make everything better. Thank you for sharing yours.

William Kendall said...

The grand pups are adorable.

Supposedly we're in for rain.

21 Wits said...

Oh I hope she’s okay too they’re such a lovely critter!

21 Wits said...

You are spot on I’d be a mess of a human without all the critters, animals and yes my Peacock is so far still with us!

Debbie said...

oh my what big eyes you have bugsley!! such cute puppies and a beautiful swan!!