Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Out and About My World

Welcome to my world please join me as I post this to City Daily Photo. With all the horrific happenings in Ukraine and our thoughts are focused there, I want to bring notice to those things we often take for granted. I hope you too enjoy moments of gratitude in your life.




Be the finder of hidden joys.



Not everything means the same to everyone. Be the keeper of your thoughts. 

Photos from the Walker Sculpture Garden Minneapolis




Sometimes two heads are better than one.

"Two heads are better than one, not because either is infallible, but because they are unlikely to go wrong in the same direction." C.S. Lewis




The trick to forgetting the big picture is to look at everything close-up.

Chuck Palahniuk


Out and About My World

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed."

Earl Nightingale




So many sights to see in Minneapolis.

Yes Bob, "The times they are a changin'" 


On a frigid Saturday a couple weeks ago, I spent the day at our incredible Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Aka The Arb refreshing my soul.



You'll often catch me taking photos from the inside looking out. I'm especially fond of showing the winter views in the background. Outside, in what often is quoted as "Minnesota tundra."









and below is a Lady Slipper extremely rare and hard to find and yet our state flower. 




Below. Art that allows you to ponder and reflect upon and yet you never know it's true meaning.






I am so very thankful for those that create not just with their hands but their heart and soul.




In every work of art the artist himself is present.

Christian Morgenstern




"May your days be many and your troubles few."

Below please meet my tag-along, Finn. He's here until the end of March and off presto he's off to the hills for another year.


 



Sharing a cup of coffee and sweet snack with Finn, how lucky can I be?

Totally!




I guess you could call me a soup-junkie
 and every city near and far has my go to soup.







"Thought is what we start from: the simple, intimate, immediate datum. Matter is the inferred thing, the mystery." C.S. Lewis







Even when things feel like you're going downhill, look up and reverse it.


There is an uphill for every downhill, and a downhill for every uphill. 
Turkish Proverb






Listen a hundred times, ponder a thousand times, speak once.
Turkish Proverb





Right outside my window.







"Everything that's really worthwhile in life came to us free; our mind, our soul, our body, our hopes, our dreams, our ambitions, our intelligence, our love of family and children and friends. All these priceless possessions are free, but the things that cost us money are actually very cheap and can be replaced at any time."

Earl Nightingale 






Wherever you find yourself be happy with you.

Your visits brighten my day.

Take good care of you.



12 comments:

Sandi said...

"Not everything means the same to everyone. Be the keeper of your thoughts."

So very wise.

🌸

Tom said...

...Amen Karen! The lucky ones among us are able to find the beauty that surrounds us in the simple things of life. I was a huge Dylan fan in the '60s, but he changed a bit too much for me. You link the mural to Sami's blog.

https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/2022/03/monday-mural-riverton.html

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Sandi said...

Where in Michigan? (Points to thumb)

William Kendall said...

Your third shot is my favourite.

21 Wits said...

Mason, mostly Lansing and Saginaw!

21 Wits said...

Thank you! It was extremely cold that day but in the photos you’d never know it!

Debbie said...

so fun...looking forward to st. patricks day!! i like the turkish proverb, i have never heard it!!!

magiceye said...

Wonderful art beautifully captured and presented with lovely quotes!

Jeff said...

I love the orchids. Yes, things in Ukraine are just terrible.

RedPat said...

Flowers in winter give you hope that spring will come. I loved seeing the sculptures.

Sami said...

Beautiful sculptures, beautiful flowers, fantastic quotes, specially love the two Turkish ones. The mural is fantastic. Thanks for visiting my blog Karen and please join us on Monday Murals if you wish. Thanks, Sami

Cloudia said...

Thank you my very dear friend Karen!