Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Happy Barking with Critters


Welcome to SATURDAY'S CRITTERS 

Today I'm being grateful for some of the pets in my life. Please enjoy.


One person's noise is another person's joy.

Not really sure when this began but our pup Dash loves to run up to the television and bark at any animal, even if it's not making a sound, he can still depict it's an animal and it must be noticed. Do any of your pets do this?


Our Bonds of Love Never Die

"Animals are a window to your soul and a doorway to your spiritual destiny. If you let them into your life and allow them to teach you, you will be better for it."

Kim Shotola




My sweet puppy Dashiell (Dash)

"You got to look on the bright side, even if there ain't one."

Dashiell Hammett




and my sweet puppy Misty.

She's our snow loving always hungry for anything Misty girl.





I'm more than grateful for each and every animal that has been in my life and still is, which includes other people's animals as well. Animals are the finest humans in my opinion, and many of you know that feeling as well. We all know those pets who believe they are human. Dash is a huge believer trust me.




My daughter took this photo on a beautiful winter day in Alabama (my grand-daughter and her new pup) and it's one I believe I need blown up and placed on my desk next to me. Although I haven't met this recent addition of Athena to their family yet, but hopefully soon. She's actually from the same blood line as their dog, Artemis which I've often posted here. 

Speaking of Artemis here she is!




On the subject of Conversation with critters.

"It's not difficult to have a successful conversation with some critters, especially when you're conversing with your own pet, they get it."

I've found this to be true even with my Peacock. Repetition is all it takes.

 

"No matter what you do if it isn't genuine, it's not worth doing, if it isn't meant with good heart it's not worth saying, and if it's a darkness around you perhaps it's not worth remembering."

E.E.D. Horton  Conversation With A Pigeon



Please just open the treat bag.





Proud to be me.





 Rusty, looking out his favorite window in the house.




Totally stylish!





Peek-A-Boo


Things change. Friends may leave. Bad things may happen. Your favorite bone might disappear. But your devoted critter keeps on loving you. No matter what.




Just so you know this is my bed at Grandma's house, but I'll share.




Spring is in the air even Misty can smell it!

Remember we set our clocks ahead at 2:00 am on Sunday, March 13th.





Time spent meeting new critters is never a waste.

We met these two sweet pups while we were shopping in Mackinac Island. 

One of my daughter's kitties.



I took this photo on one of my Alabama visits. Doesn't Lou-Lou look very interested in what I'm doing? Although oddly enough she doesn't enjoy kitty treats. Hard to imagine right?!





Remember Bugsley aka Bugs here.

No words necessary. You know what's he thinking.

Excuse me Mom, where are we going?



Yes, a sock Monkey is a true and beloved critter.



The force of Springs are mysterious, fecund, powerful beyond measure. Spring is the only revolutionary whose revolution has succeeded. Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.





Thanks for stopping by and may the joys of critters 

and spring be in your world always.

Take good care of you.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
I loved all your furbaby images, the doggies are all so cute. I have had a few dogs that think they are human and even talk back or bark back to me. We are having a snow storm, very windy. Our power is blinking constantly. I am lucky to make comments. Beautiful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

21 Wits said...

Yes, I have heard on the news that storms are all over the map, hopefully yours will be over quickly and your power completely restored. It's pretty bitter here yet, although they say 50's next week.

Tom said...

...Misty is a doll!

Cloudia said...

Thank you so much karen! I really needed this. Plus I stole your quotes LOL

William Kendall said...

Cute critters, but the kitties are my favourites.

21 Wits said...

I love sharing quotes back and forth with you Cloudia!

magiceye said...

All so sweet!

Debbie said...

what a great post. i do not have a dog but my nieces dog barks at all dogs on tv. in fact, lucy goes nuts if she sees a dog on tv.

proud to be me is an awesome picture. another favorite, your granddaughter with her new puppy...but quite frankly, i enjoyed them all, a great group of images and quotes!!