Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August Theme Day - Garden Blooms

 Welcome to City Daily Photo 

and our

 August Theme is Garden

"As I work on the garden, the garden works on me."




"I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one."
Edna St. Vincent Millay





We have a lot of volunteers this year, and not just flower seeds dropped by some visiting bird.  Pretty much all of our grass has been overrun with weeds!
Like this lovely little something below.




"A weed is but an unloved flower."
Ella Wheeler Wilcox




Look closely there's a bee enjoying this as well.

"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad. 
with joy the whole time to have such things about us." Iris Murdoch






Sometimes for me these lovely little somethings that appear out of who knows where, are always a delight.






"Flowers lift the spirit and refresh the soul.





"A garden is not a place it's a journey."

Monty Don Reed




Thank you for stopping in and gifting me with your comments.
Take good care of you and stop to smell the flowers along our way.


8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

How I love that first quote. I should add that the work the garden does on me is more successful than the work I do on and in it.

Cloudia said...

Beautifully done my friend! Aloha!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post, all the flowers are beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Revrunner said...

Thistles and coneflowers, I think, are among my favorite flowers.

Linda said...

Lovely post. The final shot is a stunner.

RedPat said...

What a beautiful post, Karen.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful garden shots.

Debbie said...

gorgeous, colorful flowers...the gift summer gives us!!