Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Life, Delirium and Critters




"Sometimes we all need a unicorn to believe in. Sometimes we need a unicorn to believe in us."

Claudia Bakker 


SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

and posting to City Daily Photo





Every day we learn.

 Sometimes we're brought to our feet in delirium.

 And yet we learn things.






"He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true.

 But he may also fly."

Lauren Oliver, Delirium





 "Ruff day, I need a treat, or two."


"The longer I live, the more deeply I learn that love, whether we call it friendship or family or romance, is the work of mirroring and magnifying each other's light. Gentle work. Steadfast work. Life-saving work in those moments when life and shame and sorrow occlude our own light from our view, but there is still a clear-eyed loving person to beam it back. In our best moments, we are that person for another."

James Baldwin




"I will wait patiently. My tongue quivering, and slightly drooling. My grandma always thinks of me."


"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains Un awakened." 

Anatole France quotes



 









"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." 

James Baldwin




(This is Athena as a pup!)

I truly love getting snaps like this one from my sweet daughter, as we have far too many miles between us and she knows in her heart how I have them all in my thoughts, Every single day.


"We may have pets but when it comes to unconditional love, they are the masters."

Donald L. Hicks


"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war, love is a growing up."

James Baldwin

Your pets know this, but do you?






"Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren't grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?"

Roy T. Bennett


Everday struggles, in life, love, school and work. One key thing is if there is no struggle there is no progress.





Deep in thought? Or looking for that next treat?


"At the end of the day before you close your eyes, be content with what you've done. Be grateful for what you have and be proud of who you are and remind yourself that you did your very best."

That is all that matters. 




Ruff! Okay sure I'm covered in mud, but you can bet I'm even happier than the moment we arrived here! Bring it on, dirt and all!



"Those who teach the most about humanity, 

aren't always human."

Donald L. Hicks


 


Enjoy this day to the fullest.

Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

Take good care of you.

8 comments:

Cloudia said...

Oh thank you so much dear. This fed my spirit as you always do. Thanks for being such a great friend ❤️

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for the wisdom and the beauty. So very much.

Yvonne said...

This is so lovely. If only there really was a Santa Claus. a tooth fairy, and a unicorn. Childhood is such a wonderful time.

Revrunner said...

Ah, to sit at the end of a pier and daydream! :-)

RedPat said...

Your post cheers the soul, Karen. ;-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm enjoying my day and feel very blessed reading these quotes and seeing the wonderful photos. I miss my boys that live so far away but at least we can stay close with calls and texts! I am grateful for everything I have!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen
Sorry I was away and I am late visiting and commenting.
I enjoyed your critter post and all the inspiring words.
Your furbabies are all adorable, wonderful photos of your family.
Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.
PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Jeff said...

Great photos of dogs, kids, and unicorns. And good quotes. I liked the James Baldwin ones. I just posted about Calvin College's Festival of Faith and Writing.