Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Six Word Saturday - 22 June 2013

Dance like nobody is watching.  Just do it.  Before you can't.




 
 
 
MOSTLY BAD THINGS HAPPEN
IN THREES
 
 
HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY KNOWN
AS CLUSTERING ILLUSION?
 
Maybe.
 
I'm sure you've all wondered at least once, why do bad things happen in threes?  I found myself reaching out to Google just this morning for answers. 
 
Why?
 
 
FIRST
In a few short hours I was faced with three tragic happenings.  Okay, it's understandable that my father's beloved Aunt Doris (would have celebrated her 100th birthday in 3 weeks) never woke up from her sleep. 
 
 SECOND
Our television aired the horrible fire (and total loss) from random lightning striking a house in the middle of the night west of us. 
 
THIRD
Worse yet, a fellow past co-worker, a young married woman of 43, mother of three was tragically killed instantly on a motorcycle.
 
 
Why three?
 
If you have the time you may find this article interesting, rewarding and even reassuring while visiting our human psyche. 
 
 
 
The important thing is
 
we're alive.
 
 
Treasure every moment of it, before it's too late.
 
 
 
If you want to see more Six Word Saturday posts or post your own 6 words from your life go here
 
 
I'm posting
With Cate, From Show My Face Blog!
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you had threes--not trees. Makes a big difference, it does.

Oh, and you actually published a Saturday piece on a Saturday! See there, you can do it. GOOD GIRL! (It is Saturday--right?)

darlin said...

I attribute this to Murphy's law, what can go wrong will, in threes naturally. At least we're braced and ready for it, until such a case where only two, possibly four, transpires... but yes, generally threes. Wish I had more time this beautiful morning to read the article, just passing through though before my day is off to a roaring start!

Have a wonderful weekend and sorry to hear of the losses.

TexWisGirl said...

i do not like when they 'cluster'.

laughed at the texas sharpshooter tale. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep dodging the bullets, Karen :)
Sorry for your troubles.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

Yes, they do happen in 3s and I have often wondered about that phenomenon as well. And you are so right about dancing like no one is watching. My grandmother passed away a few weeks ago and what I wouldnt give to hear her voice one more time. Cherish every moment of every day, you are not promised a tomorrow. Take care.

Mlissabeth said...

Sorry about your losses. I like the pic of the kids dancing on the boat .

Austine Etcheverry said...

Sorry about your losses, it is hard when the three come. Good things should happen in three's to. I love the picture of the kids dancing. That's what I love about kids, they forget to look whose watching them before they take a risk. Hope this week brings happiness in threes.

Unknown said...

I never noticed this. I try to ignore bad things, and forget about them as soon as possible. Sometimes you are in a flow and everything is going super, and then some other times bad things are happening one after another. I contribute this to the yin yang principle, everything must be in balance.