Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

In Tune with Urban Nature



Will carry canoe, anywhere.

Winding my way through the city where urban and nature often mingle together just around another corner. Posting to City Daily Photo.




The island is still calling to me!

All the while I roam or work these days at a moments notice I'll retreat to the island that captured my attention and isn't ready go away, not yet. Remember this photo from Mackinac Island?



Step by step across the openness of city life.

When we find solace in nature and a sense of peace away from our daily sometimes chaotic lives, we owe it to ourselves to answer that call.


On forward motion.



Endless city delights. 


It is possible, to fall in love with your city, again and again.


Nature has a way of reminding us of our smallness. Our troubles seem ephemeral and insignificant in the ancient order of the natural world.



Of course walking tours can lead to hungry tummies! 

Last time we were here while my daughter was visiting this place was closed but now I finally got to try Rosalia Pizza in Linden Hills where the Argentine chef serves up Sicilian influenced wood-fired pizzas and the thicker Fugazza-style pies common on his homeland. All beyond delicious! 

and quite entertaining.

Watching them dance along to the music is a delightful sight. 



On this 93 degree and muggy day I chose inside dining over the patio.


Just across the street one of our favorite toy stores.
 

As I wander I wonder or is it the other way around?

I dwell in possibility.  To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
For, beauty is not caused. It is. 
Emily Dickinson

It just makes things seem on course don't you think?


Find purpose in any direction.



How happy is the little stone that rambles in the road alone,


And doesn't care about careers, and exigencies never fears;

 Whose coat of elemental brown a passing universe put on:



And independent as the sun, Associates or glows alone, 

Fulfilling absolute decree

in casual simplicity. 

Emily Dickinson


 The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. Chris McCandless




The still, deep pond of what is familiar only bothers us when our personal spirit is ready for more. Jeanne McElvaney

Thank you for your visits.

Take good care of you!

Stay safe.


8 comments:

21 Wits said...

What I enjoy most about Emily Dickinson is while reading her words it often feels like song lyrics!

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely heart warming photos and post. Thank you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful photos, I enjoyed your city's photo tour. The pizza sounds yummy.
The last quote is my favorite, more new experiences and changing horizons.
Have a great day!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see why Mackinoc Island captured your heart Karen, the pull of the city you love is equally strong..your two loves, I know how you feel 💜

RedPat said...

Such a nice tour as we wandered with you!

Jeanie said...

I love cities that have wonderful and accessible green spaces. I love your island! (And yes, Mackinac Island -- it's fabulous. Especially in September!)

Cloudia said...

You are a treasure, never more so than now, Karen

Debbie said...

i love the town in which i live, i have lived here my entire life!! i enjoy any kind of walking tour!! that is a very cool pizza oven!!