Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Secret Places

 Posting to City Daily Photo.  



"Under the pavement the dirt is dreaming of grass." Wendell Berry

A thought felt by city pavement everywhere.


Unless of course where water prevails. 


If you're willing, you can, uncover pockets of magic in all of our cities by keeping our senses open. Thankfully my day this week is filled with sunshine (yay no rain) and so I'm sharing a bit of my gardens and other stuff.

Little, everyday treats.




"Things like plants and sweet people and slow-burning candles and long walks and moving water. Wrap them around you. Repeat as necessary." Victoria Erickson



Imperfections are many they must exist to highlight other everyday gifts.




Swinging it's in the blood.


"Don't be afraid of the solitude that comes with raising your standards."

Ebonee Davis


Docks are made for reaching nature's views.



Be crumbled. So wild flowers will come up where you are. You have been stony for too many years. Try something different. Surrender. Rumi



In-between moments, I catch
This, a tower to reach our dreams, shadows that dance, and branches singing in the wind. 


Remember this lovely flower, a Foxglove, a Dalmatian peach?



How it looks today, gifted with promising seeds!



It's amazing how quickly nature consumes human places after we turn our backs on them. Life is a hungry thing. Scott Westerfeld


Around my cottage in the woods, 

these have been my desires.

I want long blades of green rich grass 

to run barefoot through, 

and tall pines that whistle love songs through

branches that linger about like gentle arms around you 

while sipping tea as the sun sets

until this

Another possibility awaits.



"Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth."  Rumi


Believe in ordinary moments as life can be extraordinary if you let.

Enjoy your week ahead and take good care of you.

Thank you for your visits, they're a favorite part of my day.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

"Things like plants and sweet people ..."

I like the combination here.

Love Rumi too ❤️

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for the beauty you capture and share.
I much prefer dirt (and grass) to pavement, and Rumi so often speaks to and for me.

Cloudia said...

So many aspects of this post spoke to me very personally, full of spirit and life! You are a gift to those around you. You are to me, giving me hope for us in this growing time. Bless you <3

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful images and inspiring quotes! Love the cute pup swinging!
Are they peacock feathers with the pretty foxglove? Take care, enjoy your day!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderful words and images Karen, the blue boathouse looks exactly like the blue boathouse here in Perth on the Swan River 💙

Yvonne said...

I love love love this post. So beautiful with many possibilities.

21 Wits said...

Ahh yes and that boathouse photo could be the same as you speak of, this is a photo of a picture we saw on our girl's day out! I couldn't resist, it just drew me in,